Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday

As I hurry to record this past year, I think I should include timely entrys of how I spend my days as well.

I spend them running.

Tuesday:

Wake up early, rush to get ready, go to school, kiss my husband goodbye at the Marb, shuffle to the Tanner, work at MPA recruiting, leave early to go to class, go to MBA team meeting, quickly eat with Taylor as I chat on the phone with Dad, go to MPA recruiting, go to MPA team meting, leave early to RUN to American Heritage forum (while reading material on the way), talk to beloved friends, talk to Dr. de Schweinitz, walk home worrying about the hours of homework ahead of me.

I dragged my feet through the door, only to see the wonderful surprise that my sweet husband had come home during the day to do the dishes (which make me want to cry every time I pass the kitchen).  I don't know how I got so lucky to snag him.  He works two jobs, spends countless hours applying to school, and still has the energy and kindness to serve me.

I haven't been able to get off the couch since I got home.  I have been lucky to not have too many pregnancy ailments....except exhaustion at the end of the day.  I love how I spend my days, but my body is working for two and doesn't handle the constant movement and long hours like it did just a few months ago.  I am grateful for a good husband.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for a monthly checkup.  I had to take the glucose test, which meant drinking syrupy nastiness and then being pricked by a needle to ensure I don't have gestational diabetes.  I may never drink fruit punch again.  I told Dr. Savage that I am nervous because of how little the baby is - I still am hardly showing.  She measured my belly, however, and told me I am longer than she expected.  I am growing, just not poking out too much.  She moved my date closer to December 12.  Here come finals!

Exhausted and grateful.  We are so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment