Thursday, April 10, 2014

Emmeline's Four Months

When I look at my big babe with beautiful chunky rolls and a budding personality, I wonder - how has the time gone so fast?

When I think of this semester and all the work I have done, and all the work I still have to do, I think - wow, four months is a long time.

Its crazy how time is so relative.  But life is wonderful and we are happy.  I love my babe, I love my husband, I love my classes, I love work, I love my family.  I am grateful.  


Here are a couple updates:

Emmeline turned four months on Sunday!  Happy Birthday, now stop growing! 
- Emmeline is a dream baby - Heavenly Father's gift for a full time student.  She is pleasant and happy and shares smiles with everyone.  
- She wears lots of cute clothes (thanks grandma) which are now all stained green - she is a great pooper.  
- She sleeps all night long (so long as she is wrapped tight in the straightjacket). 
- Emmeline is a good eater; she eats her hands, anything within distance of her hands, me, my hair, her dad's arm, her feet...oh, and bottles and binkies.  
- Emmeline still has no hair and clams up in front of the camera.  
- She loves to SING and TALK and and LAUGH.  
- She likes to stand and has great leg muscles.  
-She hates to be put down, sit by herself, or be otherwise ignored
- Emmeline loves to be with her Auntie Morgan and Auntie Jane, an anyone else who will give her loves.






I graduate this month!  Yay!  If I can finish all my assignments before then, that is.  I am grateful for my sister and sisters-in-law and coworkers and team mates and every other person who has helped me balance school and baby.  Poor Taylor has worked hard to help me graduate.  He helps with my assignments, takes care of the babe, works on projects alongside me, and puts up with microwave burritos for lunch and nachos for dinner.  I love my MPA friends and am learning so much in my classes.  I have daily meltdowns of how I can balance motherhood with my career goals, but that is a good dilemma to have.

Taylor works full-time in a BYU immunology lab - the perfect job for this year.  We are so grateful for the experience, the paycheck, and the faculty parking...though Taylor jokes that he gets a little lonely in his "cubicle within a cubicle."  He played four intermural sports this semester and is training for a marathon. He is still trying to decide where to go to medical school...we may just never decide.  Again, a good dilemma to have.

I am in love with my husband and my babe.  Learning everyday.





No comments:

Post a Comment