Friday, January 31, 2014

"And trusting my all to His tender care"

I came across this entry from this past October in the notes section of my phone.  Apparently I was touched by a hymn in church. What is it about Sunday School that makes me so easily distracted and eager to write?

"And trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing thou lovest me.
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere, i'll be what you want me to be."

I don't know why it's my turn to be a mother.  I don't feel ready.  But I feel strongly that my Heavenly Father has a plan not only for me, but for my daughter.  Those lyrics hit me, that He is trusting His all to me- a perfect daughter, and He loves her.  Now the task to do His will with a heart sincere is even more important- my willingness doesn't only affect me, but also our daughter.  That pronoun "our" is becoming poignant to me.  I consider this little spirit who is joining our family to be His daughter, but now she is also mine and Taylor's.  I feel humbled that God is willing to undertake a joint venture with us.  I have to step up, and not only be willing, but be so very happy.  I love her already, and need to learn to have not only a willing heart, but a ready one.  Heavenly Father has yet to lead me astray, and I don't think he will now.


This little excerpt was timely.  I needed a reminder that I am not attempting to raise a daughter alone, but He will help me.  Emmeline is not only my daughter, but ours. She was God's first.  He trusted His all to my tender care.  I need to be oh so tender with His perfect daughter, on loan to me.

We love you Emmeline. You are our all.







No comments:

Post a Comment